Monday, August 19, 2013

In the Spotlight: Shira Glassman



Congratulations, Shira Glassman, you become the first guest on this blog. :) Shira is here for her newest book, The Second Mango. This looks awesome!










The Second Mango
by Shira Glassman



Queen Shulamit never expected to inherit the throne of the tropical land of Perach so young. At twenty, grief-stricken and fatherless, she's also coping with being the only lesbian she knows after her sweetheart ran off for an unknown reason. Not to mention, she's the victim of severe digestive problems that everybody think she's faking. When she meets Rivka, an athletic and assertive warrior from the north who wears a mask and pretends to be a man, she finds the source of strength she needs so desperately.



Unfortunately for her, Rivka is straight, but that's okay -- Shulamit needs a surrogate big sister just as much as she needs a girlfriend. Especially if the warrior's willing to take her around the kingdom on the back of her dragon in search of other women who might be open to same-sex romance. The real world outside the palace is full of adventure, however, and the search for a royal girlfriend quickly turns into a rescue mission when they discover a temple full of women turned to stone by an evil sorcerer.



Shira Glassman

I'm a violinist with a passionate love for stories and adventures. I feel incredibly lucky that I was finally inspired enough to create an adventure that contains most of the elements I like, including the ways I wish other stories had gone, stories that had initially left me feeling disappointed or alone or left out or hungry. Writing, for me, is also a way to revel in the things, phenomena, and places that I like, and also a way to deal with or dismiss or conquer anything that has hurt or bothered me. But above all, I care about my characters, and about their relationships with each other.

links:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment