Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mid Week Tease: A Part of Me

I'm so behind on posting things. I'm staying home today for my mom is sick so let me try to have things posted.

First, the supposedly Mid Week Tease. :D

 It's a blast from the past, my very short story published by Alfie Dog Fiction, A Part of Me.

In the silence, Zach suddenly heard the car rumble. It was soft and subtle but Zach heard it nonetheless.
“Did you hear that?” he asked, turning to Connor.
When Connor didn’t answer and turned pale instead, Zach knew something was wrong.
“Con, don’t you think we should stop for a while?”
“Y-yes. All right.”
Connor slowed the car down but then it began to vibrate harder, and Connor had to hold on to the steering wheel fast.
“Watch out!” Zach jumped and grabbed it, too.
“Let go, let go!” Connor cried out.
“Con…” Zach looked straight ahead. Dread filled him. The road was wet and slippery, and Connor seemed to begin to lose control.
“Zach, I can’t hold this anymore…” Connor’s voice shook. Zach didn’t care what Connor had told him earlier. He clutched at the steering wheel while Connor braked and pressed the pedal down.
“It’s not… it’s not working!”
“What?”
“The brake—it’s not working. Zach…”
“It’s okay. You’ll manage. We’re going to be fine.”
Right that time the car swerved sharply and before either of them could do anything, it spun around and turned upside down before crashing into a tree by the roadside. Zach screamed out Connor’s name and everything went dark.
 

***




4 comments:

  1. Hope your mom feels better!

    Great tease! Hope these two are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sandra. I hope my mom feels better, too. As for these men, I wonder if they would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's a heart-pounding moment.

    ReplyDelete